It’s so easy you can actually do it at home. Try it like this:
- Take some animal or vegetable, like uncooked steak or leaves.
- Add some salt water.
- Toss it in a blender and liquefy.
- Add some dish soap. This dissolves the cell membranes the blender doesn’t.
- Then add some meat tenderizer, which breaks down the proteins attached to DNA.
- Then add some rubbing alcohol. Do not mix!
By the end, you’ll have a mush on the bottom and clear alcohol on top. Alcohol has a real attraction to DNA, and if you’ve done it right, a lumpy white ball should appear in the alcohol. This is DNA.
Do it yourself!